Saturday, September 2, 2017

The Times They Are a Changing.....Route 66

It's Mick Wagger here.....
And, it's been a very long year.
I'm officially in the double digits of my life
(That's 66 in Human Years)
And feeling every mile of it .....
Maybe it's the ache in my hip jumping off the bed,
Maybe it's the gas that's not from that nifty Shell Station,
Maybe it's the fact I can't quite remember where I last left Lambchop?
It's Ruff to admit, but I'm now in my Golden Years.....
Mom says, "Focus on the Positive"
There's still lots of great life ahead.....
Still kibble in the bowl,
Still walks to be had,
Still Sparky to chase,
Still UPS coming to our front door.
And, we STILL live in a free country .....Sort of.
But, I can't help but think I am heading down a long and winding highway,
Into Uncharted Territory.....With no return.
MICK'S TIP:
Make Today Count.....It's All We Have.....And God Bless Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment