Sunday, March 1, 2015

Boundaries.....

I've always felt I was pretty good at Boundaries.....
You know, how far the World (and your Sister) can push you.
Touch my bowl, and I'm gonna snarl.
Bark at me, and I'll likely bark back.
Put one paw on my front yard, and there's Hell to pay.
And don't even get me started on the UPS Truck!
I'm a Terrier, after all.
That's how an Alpha Guy lives.....
But lately, I've had some pangs of regret.
(Chalk it up to my Catholic upbringing.....That Guilt thing.)
Maybe there's room for a kinder, gentler Mick on this Planet?
I could share my stuff......
I could make friends with our neighbors.....
I could drop a bone at Big Brown's feet.
Really, I could.....
But, would I respect my Terrier Self in the morning?
Actually, I've always been a little suspicious of those 
Mutts that don't know where to draw the line.
Who wag their Tail for just anyone.....
But that's just Me.
An Alpha needs to know where he 
Stands in the World.
Often, an Alpha stands alone.


MICK'S TIP:
Good fences make good neighbors.....
Thanks to Mr. Frost.
But, We All know.....
The smaller the dog, 
the quicker under the Fence!
Boundaries.....
Sometimes,
They're made to be crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment