Friday, May 10, 2013

Sparks Fly!

Sparky was the cheekiest Squirrel I had ever met......
(Well, not actually met, but locked eyes with in a death stare 
through the glass of my window).
He'd been savaging our private bird feeder for over a year now.
Having a weight problem (the result of constant raids at the trough),  he could scarcely
cling to the bush that grew below it......
Yet, somehow he managed to drag himself up and proceed to feast.
Relentless, he had the glazed demeanor of an overfed guest at an All You Can Eat Buffet.
He was insufferable!
As Family Security Officer, I was vigilant in my surveillance and alarm......
Barks made for a Great Dane would be lobbed against him, 
and he'd crazily run for the trees.
But within moments, Sparky was always back.
Fearless?... Stupid? (my vote) 
Or maybe he'd been around the block a few years and knew more

about glass windows than the average rodent?
He turned me into a raving, quivering, shrilly barking lunatic......
Powerless, I could not stop.
My sister, Lu Lu, would give us both a short glance, and walk off in search of a dirty sock.
She was way too busy to bother with Sparky.....Smart girl.
Still, my superior Terrier instincts would not be denied.....
He would have been a well marbled filet.....if it hadn't been for the glass!
MICK'S TIPS: Trim the bush, move the feeder, OR window screens are so nice for the summer!
Watch your back, Sparky......

No comments:

Post a Comment